Monday, July 8, 2013

Saturday, July 6, 2013 - Squats

Squats (No Belt, No Wraps, Walked Out)
375 x 3
415 x 3
465 x 3 x 3 sets

Pullups
3 sets of 7

Leg Press
3 sets of increasing weight x 25 reps

Straight Leg Deadlifts (standing on 3" block)
225 x 15
315 x 15

Ab Work



Thoughts

Nothing fancy here, just some heavier volume, but overall a very good workout. Squats were not as explosive as I would have liked, but it was just one of those days. I am also still learning how to walk out heavier weights. It sounds stupid, but there is a big difference between taking the weight straight out of the mono ready to lift and walking the weight out and having to then establish your starting position.

I have never gone to 465 without a belt before, so hitting three triples with that weight was a good day.

My left adductor is still a little sore, but I can tell that it is improving. Hopefully in the next couple weeks it will be back to 100 percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment