Monday, July 22, 2013

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - Squats - Explosive

Squats (No Belt, No Wraps, Walked Out)
365 x 8 sets x 3 reps
** 60 seconds rest between sets

Front Squats
315 x 3
365 x 2
405 x dumped it
315 x 3
315 x 3
** Just felt shitty today. Not sure why, but I couldn't maintain my form. Everything was trying to roll forward on me and once I got to 405 I could no longer fight the weight back and had to dump it.

Tsunami Bar Squats (Elevated Heel)
185 x 15
225 x 15
275 x 12
** I don't know what the actual bar weighs (it's significantly less than 45 pounds) so I just pretend it's a normal 45 pound bar to make record keeping easy.

Pullups


Thoughts

Really good workout overall. My lower back was fried halfway through the back squats which may be why I couldn't maintain my positioning on front squats. Disappointing front squats especially because I was expecting to PR on them.

First time squatting with the tsunami bar and I have to say I was impressed with it. If you're not familiar with the tsunami bar, check out the video below of Dale using the bar. The whip the bar gets when you hit the hole and reverse the weight is crazy. It really overloads the bottom position of the squat and absolutely fries the quads. Did these with a high bar setup and with a mat under the heel to put even more focus on the quads.

No comments:

Post a Comment