Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Last Week's Training Recap

This is definitely a little late, but better late than never, right? Life and especially work has gotten hectic the last week or two. I am still training, but have been forced to make adjustments. Hitting the gym on different days, at different times, and often for shorter lengths of time. It looks like the entire month of August is going to be choas in terms of trying to maintain a training schedule, but I'll power through.


Tuesday, July 22, 2013 - Bench - Reps

Bench
275 x 8 (all paused)
315 x 6
315 x 5

Close Grips
225 x 10
225 x 10

Super Wide Grip Bench
135 x 15
185 x 15

Definitely wasn't feeling it on this day. I hit 315 for 8 (almost 9) reps on my previous rep day, so the numbers clearly weren't there. I was pushed for time as well so I kept this workout short and sweet. The really wide grip bench was a great way to end the workout and really demolish the pecs.


Wednesday, July 23, 2013 - Deadlifts - Explosive

Deficit Deadlifts (off 3" block, no belt, and approximately 60 seconds rest between sets)
415 x 6 sets x 3 reps

Sumo Deadlifts
315 x 5
405 x 5
495 x 5

DB Rows

Pulldowns

KB Swings

Really good workout overall. The deficit deads were brutal because of the short rest times. Sumo deadlifts are continuing to improve as my form gets better. Got some good assistance work in after too.


Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Accessory Day

Seated Barbell Military
135 x 15
185 x 12
225 x 5
225 x 5

Upright Rows
3 sets x 15 reps

Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions
3 sets x 15 reps

Curls
3 sets

Very solid workout overall. I had been forced to miss my dedicated accessory day the past two weeks, so it was nice to be able to get in and have a dedicated day this week. Seated military presses felt really strong and got some good work in with the other exercises.


Saturday, July 26, 2013 - Squats - Heavy

Squats (walked out, no knee wraps)
375 x 3 (no belt)
415 x 3 (no belt)
465 x 3 (belt)
485 x 1 (belt)
485 x 2 (belt)

Just a terrible workout overall. Last time I threw on just the belt I hit 505 for an easy triple, with a lot left in the tank. Just overall fatigued at this point, so I called it a short day. The first set of 485 felt like complete shit, so I came back and hit it for a decent double. Rested up over the weekend so I can be ready to go next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment