Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Monday, July 9, 2013 - Bench

Bench
225 x 3 reps x 8 sets (less than 60 seconds rest between sets)

Incline Barbell
225 x 12
275 x 7
315 x 2
225 x 12

Seated DB Military
50 x 19
50 x 12

Thick Rope Pushdowns
80 x 20
100 x 18
100 x 15

Reverse Grip Bench
135 x 15
185 x 9
185 x 8


Notes

Today was explosive training day for bench. Kept the weights low and the rest times even lower. One of my training partners and I just alternated our sets back and forth with no added rest time. I probably knocked out my sets with 30-40 seconds between each one.

First time doing heavy incline barbell work in a while and it felt pretty good. The incline at our gym is the one thing I hate in our gym, but you have to work with what you have. The bench isn't straight. It literally rounds off at the top of the back. Regardless, I know I have a lot more in me as far as the incline goes, but I am happy with those numbers for today.

The reverse grip benches were added at the end just to get in a little more tricep work. It's an exercise I really like to do, but I do not like going heavy with them, due to the akwardness of the exercise. My triceps were absolutely fried after the rope pushdowns, so I figured it was a great time to throw in a few sets of reverse grip benches.

No comments:

Post a Comment