Sunday, July 14, 2013

Saturday, July 13, 2013 - Squats - Reps

Squats (Walked Out)
415 x 10 (No Belt)
465 x 5 (Belt)

Pause Squats (Walked Out) (No Belt)
285 x 3
325 x 3
375 x 3
375 x 3
375 x 5

Glute Ham Raises
3 sets holding 25 pound plate


Thoughts
I was a little rushed for time, but very good workout overall. The set of 10 on squats was a real grinder and I don't think I had quite fully recovered for the 465 set, otherwise I believe I could have grinded out more than 5 reps. The paused squats were a great addition to the workout and 375 x 5 is a big PR for me. The pause squats really help me to find my strongest position in the hole and to focus on my movement patterns coming out of the hole. I have a tendency when I start to struggle to shoot my ass up and lean over, and essentially turn my squat into a half squat/half good morning. The pause squats really help me to break this habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment