Saturday, June 1, 2013

5/29 & 6/1 - Final Training Sessions Recap

Today is June 1st, so I am officially 7 days out. Bodyweight this morning was 233, so still looking good on that front. Today also marked my final day of training before the meet. I'll still be at the gym this week helping to train my wife and helping the other guys on our team who aren't competing next weekend. Now it's time to rest up and get ready to make weight Friday morning and then crush some PR's on Saturday.


Wednesday (5/29)

Deads
315 x 5 (no belt)
365 x 3 (no belt)
405 x 3 (no belt)
455 x 3 (no belt)
495 x 2 (no belt)
495 x 1 (with belt)

Pulldowns
100 x 20 (3 sets)

One Leg Hamstring Curls
25 x 20 (3 sets)

I threw on the belt for the last single just to make sure the last deadlift I pulled prior to the meet would be exactly the same as it would be at the meet. Despite staying light this workout, this was by far the best my pulls have felt in a long time. Deads, which are normally my best lift, have honestly felt like crap this entire training cycle. Have had a bad habit lately of allowing all my lifts to turn into heavy straight leg deadlifts. I'm proud of my 650+ straight leg dead, but not exactly the way I want to be pulling at the meet. Anyways this workout I had everything tight and going backwards, as it should be. Gives me an extra little confidence boost heading into the meet.


Saturday (6/1)

Squats
325 x 3
375 x 1
415 x 1

Abductor Machine
some light weight x lots of reps (3 sets)

Squats felt great today. On my 145, 235, and 325 sets I literally had the bar coming a couple inches off my back at the top because I had so much bar speed. Worked up to 415 and everything continued to feel nice and light. Finished up with some very light work on the abductor machine because it cured some issues I was having with groin pain off and on earlier in this training cycle, so I figured I would keep it in the rotation this last workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment