Tuesday, May 28, 2013

5/28 - Meet Prep Update

Currently 11 days out from the RPS Backyard Bash on June 8th. Bodyweight this morning was 237, up a few pounds due to last night's backload. Not up as much as it normally would be the day after backload, but that's because I have been cutting back on the number of carbs I'm taking in during my backloads. That's one of my favorite things about carb backloading, how easy it is to manipulate your weight gain/loss. Weight is still right where I want it to be so I can make 220's.

This is my last week of training prior to the meet. Just hitting some light (sub-opener) weights for a few singles, followed by some extremely light auxiliary work to get a little more blood flowing. Here's a very boring synopsis of Monday night's workout.


Monday's Workout (5/27)

Bench
lots of warmups
225 x 5 reps
275 x 3 reps
315 x 1 rep (with exaggerated press and rack commands)
315 x 1 rep (with exaggerated press and rack commands)

Standing Overhead Press
25 lb (mini barbell) x 30 reps (3 sets)

Rope Tricep Pushdowns
very light weight x 25 reps (3 sets)

Weighted Abs
very light weight x 15 reps (3 sets)

Notes: 315 felt very light and the weight moved fast on both sets. I was tempted to go up to my opener but wisely resisted the urge. I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do on the bench at this meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment